Friday, March 2, 2012

Sailor Stripes and Yellow, Ahoy!

That comma in the lower right-hand corner is a disgruntled tail.


This is the semi-mythical Halogen seamed pencil skirt of which so many women have said so many nice things. This skirt is all that; comfy, flattering, a just-the-right-thickness ponte knit, available in lovely colors, and best of all, Nordstrom keeps offering it every year so I can buy more than one without feeling guilty.


The only issue I had with the lovely bee yellow was trying to figure out what shoes to wear with it. Red boots are still a possibility, but a dark color, at least in the styles I own, felt too heavy. In the end I went with my reliable Ecco beige pumps, but my feet were cold all day. 


The navy and cream cardigan is Talbot's, a gift from Heather (thank you!), with a Talbot's mini-striped tee underneath. I'd planned to wear a denim shirt with a leopard belt, but got stage fright in the morning and went with comfy knit stripes, which always feel timely and stylish.


The jewelry is unremarkable, though I'm very fond of this inexpensive Nine West watch from Amazon:




1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite outfits on you! The cardi looks WAY better on you than it did on me (-:

    ReplyDelete