Saturday, March 3, 2012

Aqua and Purple

40 outfits in and I'm still pulling things out of the closet that I haven't worn this year. Unbelievable! This aqua Anne Klein sweater was a lucky find on eBay. It is mostly rayon so it has a slight sheen and nice drape that cotton would not. The skirt is Boden, and is very sweet with that little floral print. The length is perhaps a bit unflattering, but it is so comfy and cheerful that I forgive its drawbacks. I think this outfit worked better in reality than in the picture too.


I'm wearing purple suede Boden flats that are near (or past) the end of their lifespan, but I can't bear to give them up with no replacement in sight. I am tempted to buy the Boden purple flats that are currently on sale. I just wish they had a more pointy toe - and weren't $60. I'll definitely be watching Boden to bring out another low-heeled boot in purple this fall. Last year I bought the red version and loooove them.

The necklace is a legacy of my departed and dear friend Rob Cole, and the earrings were a fun purchase at a summer art festival. They're made of tagua nut and are wonderfully light and swingy. The shoes don't look that distressed from the top, but oy, the soles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment