Thursday, February 16, 2012

Green and Grey

I woke up Monday morning thinking, "Yikes, interviews today!" I had put together outfits for the week without that particular need in mind. (I'm not looking for a job, but rather interviewing prospective candidates for our library)

Luckily, there was something appropriate in the pipeline.


I have struggled with this sweater in other wearings. I love the color (Talbot's, emerald), but the no-close style tends to look boxy without a belt. The dress underneath (Kohl's, Apt. 9) helps out because it is gathered under the bust. I really like green and grey together, and I think the proportions are juuuust right.

Riley is so excited about dinner that he's blurry! Here are the details.

The bee necklace is glass encased in sterling silver. I found it in Cocoa Beach, and when I dithered about having to polish sterling, Heidi said she would come to my house and polish it for me. She has never done so. The bracelet and gray suede boots are from Talbot's, in whom I really should own stock.

By the way, I wore the yellow mesh skirt with the dark denim jacket on Tuesday, and then came home and put it in the Goodwill bag. In my opinion, if you have to fight that hard to make something work, it's too much effort.    

2 comments:

  1. Just remind me to bring a polishing cloth.

    LOVE those boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same Talbot's cardigan . . . Not quite convinced how to make cardigan work over an ample chest.

    ReplyDelete