Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ah, Indian Summer

Today it got up to 79 degrees. Everybody went out to lunch to celebrate the lovely weather, with the trees burning brightly all around us, mums glowing in every garden bed, a softly angled sun beaming down at us.

And of course, this morning we stared at our closets looking for warm-weather but still Fall-ish clothes. I wore black stretchy pants, a champagne silk tunic, my plastic "tortoise-shell" necklace, and leopard calf-hair flats.

No coat, no socks!
Tomorrow it will be warm, but rainy. And then it is supposed to drop to the 30s. These balmy moments are even finer because of their brevity.

1 comment:

  1. Do you always have to iron that cute top?

    Yesterday I regretted all my sandals were packed away. Today I'm wearing ankle pants, flats, and a swingy cotton jacket with 3/4 length sleeves. I'm looking forward to boots and wool, but it's nice not to have to deal with a coat.

    ReplyDelete