Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Ben's senior Capstone show opened on Saturday, May 5th, 2012.  It represented months of work on his part, two separate presentations to a panel of art department faculty, and the bravery necessary to show his efforts to the entire campus (the show is in the student center). Being Ben, this wasn't presented as a big deal.

Here are three of my favorites. They are all on themes of oppression.

Ignorance




Technology




The Illusion of Self

And here is the artist himself (Thanks, Lyds!).

Many friends and family came: elder and younger, all of them admiring the work and the artist. Ben took it all in stride. His father and I kept saying to each other, "You did such a good job." I don't think I had all that much to do with it, really; Ben was his own person from birth, and that is why we all love him.

If you're wondering, I wore the Deadwood outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment