Thursday, July 11, 2013

Linen and Lace

Huh. I guess I forgot to publish this. Pretend it is July 11th, OK?

It looks like I'll be wearing blue all week - I certainly have a gracious plenty of it. I had thought to wear a white button-front shirt with the navy lace skirt, but when I tried it on, I realized (again) that I just don't like them. To my mind, "crisp" means stiff, and because they're so fitted they pit out really quickly (TMI?). I wore a nice blousey linen top instead.

I have on my turquoise necklace and earrings, and my cool new Everybody (by B Z Moda) sandals.


I loooove them. I bought them at Shoe Metro where they were insanely marked down. The leather is very soft and smooth, the back zipper doesn't even tickle, and the little heel is just right. I think they will look nice with pants too.

My skinny ankles are paying off this year, as there are so many mid-heel sandals with ankle straps, which look good (she said modestly) on my feet.  In addition to pleasing my ego, ankle straps make sandals feel very secure. My narrow heels mean I tend to walk out of or at least flop around in my shoes.

1 comment: