Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Good Start

This is how my day began, with a generous thought from a colleague:


So I had cake and coffee for second breakfast. I had a salad for lunch.

This is what I was wearing:

I'm laughing because Riley kept insisting on being in the picture. "Where's my dinner?!" The outfit is not particularly notable, though I like the red and turquoise together. My earrings have red and turquoise stones as well. The flats, despite being Born, killed my feet and I was very happy to take them off at the end of the day. They have some arch support, but the lack of any heel is the real problem.

As far as clothes go, I'm not seeing anything I want to buy online or in the stores. I weeded my closet a bit over the weekend, and bought some lingerie on sale. I always have shoes that I am admiring, and of course I am pinning fancy things here and there.

Oh, I tell a lie - I forgot I ordered this "Starlet" dress from Garnet Hill. It was $24, so it was worth taking a chance on. Their Sale of the Day feature is very enticing. Half the time sleeveless dresses are cut too wide at the armhole; I'm really happier in a sheath style. We'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment