Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wishing Well

I was thinking about the shopping list I made last year:

1.  Casual, hooded, short-ish, warm coat   $100
2.  Brown-ish handbag  $45 and real leather!
3.  Beige ankle boots   $105
4.  Red short boots
5.  White lace tee
6.  Leopard-print top 
7.  Leather gloves with Thinsulate lining

I did find the leopard-print top eventually, from Jones New York, for about $25. The boots and a decent version (I bought a crappy one) of the lace tee still elude me. I should say that I have located the boots, but not bought them because I'm not sure how much I will actually use them. I definitely need to buy new gloves this year. Talbots used to sell lovely long leather gloves with either cashmere or Thinsulate linings, in an array of colors. *sigh*

Every once in a while I will be trying to put together an outfit and find myself thinking, "If only I had a . . ." It occured to me I should write those down, to see if they hold up over a time. That would be the ORGANIZED thing to do.

The result is that I don't have much of a wish list right now. I asked my sister-in-law, who works for Estee Lauder, for perfume for Christmas this year, as I am on a quest to smell nice. This must be an old lady thing; I will be one of those 70-year-olds on the bus reeking of Oscar De la Renta.

2 comments:

  1. I have a pair of those Talbot's gloves. Love them.
    I miss perfume. It's against the dress code at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I kind of get that, as some people have very sensitive noses, but I'm glad we don't do it here. Holly has a hand lotion that I just love and i can smell it 30 feet away.

    ReplyDelete