Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Wine and Taupe and New Baubles

Cool enough for boots! Boots and bare legs mean lovely Indian Summer to me. I got a fabulous pedicure last Friday, an hour of candles and panflute music and hot towels and sea salt scrubs and what looked like yak butter. I felt like Jennifer Aniston. But then the weather turned cool and I had to hide my ruby toes away.

A wine-colored Ann Taylor tee and my old faithful J. Jill skirt and Born boots. I'm wearing my ID badge to sort of break up the large expanse of bosom there.


This is my major expense for September, a tortoise and gold Michael Kors watch from Macy's. I tried on several different styles, but watch faces are quite large these days, and many of them felt kind of ponderous. This watch is still substantial, but the rectangular face makes it more wearable.

I also gave up and retired my beloved Fossil wallet. The card slots were so loose that my credit cards would fall out randomly, and the snap no longer worked on the little coin purse. Boo. However, I do really like my new wallet from The Sak, and it has the same open flat features that my Fossil wallet did.  It is a bit heftier, but it goes nicely with my summer and winter bag and is easy to see in a dark purse interior.


I love this brand. I have a large, soft yellow leather shoulder bag, a case for my Nook (adorable but I never use it) and a wee convertible pursie that can be carried as a wristlet or hung over my shoulder on its skinny strap. I have a feeling I'll be carrying this wallet for years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment