Monday, November 5, 2012

Time Warp

For the first time in at least 25 years, I spent the evening at The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I wore significantly more clothing than the last time I was there, for which sadly, I don't seem to have photographic evidence. 

First of all, the movie holds up, which surprised me. Brad's underpants are still funny, Susan Sarandon is gorgeous and sly, Tim Curry is deliciously over the top, and the film's devotion to those old Hammer films is fantastic.

I was also intrigued to hear localization of the audience "callbacks." I didn't jot them down, so I just remember thinking, "Huh, that must be the Chicago version. We didn't say that in Cleveland."

It was really hard to shed the taboo against speaking loudly in a movie theater. I had to steel myself do more than whisper at the screen. And I didn't bring ANYTHING to throw.

But I looked great.  :-)
 

1 comment: